Monday, December 6, 2010

Welcome

A special welcome to all visitors of Syuhadah Dzarawi (liphistius-malaysia.blogspot), who will be joining me exploring the diversity of Malaysian's biodiversity heritage! This blog is mainly created to share my experiences in conducting research for my postgraduate study at University of Malaya Kuala Lumpur. 

Horny spiders, Gasteracantha sp. from Terengganu
FYI, spiders in Malaysia have traditionally suffered lack of attention from conservation professionals and the general public. Until November 2010, approximately 40,000 spider species, and 109 families have been recorded by taxonomist from the whole world. However, current compilation of Malaysian spider listed only 425 spider species from Peninsular Malaysia which is believed to be an enormous underestimation. Being one of the countries that are recognised as of Megabiodiversity, there are definitely more new records and for sure many more species to be described. 

Therefore, here I am! This blog will take you and me myself to learn more about our spiders and other eight legged creatures that we encounter in our daily life. I wish to share all my experiences, stories and informations during my learning years. Once in a while, I will update with new infos or photos and I am ready to answer any questions you have (make sure the questions is cool enough! ^_^). Have fun!

p/s: This blog will be conducted in both English and Bahasa Melayu. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid of them. but whenever u coincidentally appear in my dream, I saw spiders...so my dream become scary...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. viva arachnid!

    much respect from me... keep on ur effort on saving wildlife..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, spider dalam gambar tu cantik! heheheeehe!!

    ReplyDelete